00045 stone & wine copy.jpg
DSC08031 copy3.jpg
23434598504_f9355f30f4_o copy.jpg
00045 stone & wine copy.jpg

closed


Located in the historical building where Nestle - originally the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company - originated

SCROLL DOWN

closed


Located in the historical building where Nestle - originally the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company - originated

 

Milchsüdi

A restaurant with history

Established since early 90' by Ursula, this restaurant is full of character and is located at the heart of the original factory of the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company.

You will be able to choose from traditional Cordon Bleu with Rösti, succulent Hot Stone Bison filet, or a modern to Safran Risotto with Truffles, and homemade deserts, all married with the best Italian, Swiss and South African wines, and French Champagnes.  

 
 
DSC08031 copy3.jpg

Reservation / contact


 

 

 

Reservation / contact


 

 

 

 

Milchsüdi,

cham, ZG

Zugerstrasse 4, 6330 Cham

+41 41 781 06 31
hello@milchsuedi.ch

 

OPENING HOURS

 

we say "good" and "bye" and also "a-dieu" And yet a farewell does hurt us a little bit. one eye weeps, the other laughs, we spent beautiful hours in the restaurant Milchsüdi. We wish you all the best and many thanks to all our guests since december 2016.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
23434598504_f9355f30f4_o copy.jpg

history


history


 

Where Nestle and the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company started.

The "Milchsüdi" was founded in 1866 by the American George Ham Page in Cham, under the name Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company, for the production and worldwide marketing of condensed milk.

The "Milchsiederei" (Milk processing factory) was the starting point for dairy farmers from all over the region. This little factory quickly grew into one of the most important manufacturers of condensed milk worldwide. At peak times, the dairy farms processed 66000 kg of raw milk daily from 1,300 farms around Cham. After an agreement with Nestle, which was founded in Vevey in 1867, the two companies merged to Nestle & Anglo-Swiss AG in 1905 and to Nestle AG in 1977.

After the termination of production in 1932, the house was rebuilt several times and finally 1994 the restaurant Milchsüdi was established.